THE WAWA HISTORY ALBUM
Algoma Ore Properties/Division
In 1937, Sir James Dunn, bought Algoma Steel in Sault Ste Marie. At the same time, he took over all the mining claims in the Wawa area, under the name of Algoma Ore Properties. He developed the Siderite iron ore deposit with the intention of supplying iron for the steel mill in Sault Ste Marie. In the mid sixties, the company name was changed to Algoma Ore Division. The company operated for sixty years until all operations were ceased in 1998.
|"The Mines"||"The Plant"||Assets|
©2004 - 2011 www.michiwawa.ca